WEEKEND DIGEST AND ADVISE TO ALL
THE LIVER A VITAL ORGAN IN THE BODY.
Mr. Felix Chinwe Joe admonishes
Once You Begin To Observe These Signs In Your Body, Pay Attention To Your Liver
The liver is among the most important organs in the body. It metabolizes everything we eat before allowing it to the blood stream, it emulsifies fats in the foods we consume, stores glucose and converts it to glycogen at the required time and vice versa.
This mechanisms and cycles are very necessary for a healthy and robust life. When any of these gets impaired, this is usually characterized by inflammation or infection of the liver, death starts to creep in. Though there is a good news, which is, the liver has the ability to regenerate. This means that it is capable of replenishing its lost or diseased part over time. This usually takes up to a year.
Nobody wants to die no matter how rough things seem to appear. It is so ironical that we are still the ones to invite death unto ourselves through the lifestyles we embrace and the feeding habits we chose.
There are foods and lifestyles that support the health of the liver and there are still those who endanger our lives by causing harm to this vital organ.
Examples of habits that can lead to liver dysfunction includes
1. Consuming too much alcohol
2. Abuse of drugs
3. Excess consumption of processed foods.
4. Excess consumption of animal protein especially beef.
6. Infections like candida and chronic sinus infection are also major culprits.
Once you begin to observe these signs in your body, pay attention to your liver.
Remember the liver is the organ responsible for metabolization of foods. When it has been disturbed, its function follows and hence, the above conditions shall be common.
In order not to lose your health to liver dysfunction, here are lifestyles and feeding habits you must adopt.
1. Daily exercise as your liver is highly dependent on the oxygen the lungs do supply.
2. Reduce intake fatty foods as much as possible. Fatty liver is the genesis of several liver malfunctions and results mainly as a result of fatty foods.
3. Avoid acid forming foods, examples include processed foods, red meats, alcohol.
4. Consume enough fruits and vegetables.
Thank you for reading.
Happy weekend, enjoy ur life
Mr. Felix Chinwendu Joe is the special adviser on health, to the Abia State Governor