Chalmers Heritage Conservation Ltd. (CHC) is a Calgary based construction company dedicated to the conservation and restoration of heritage buildings and sites across Western Canada. CHC takes pride in performing almost all our work in-house with a team of dedicated staff. The staff are highly trained in the restoration and conservation of wood and metal elements including; wood windows, heritage millwork, log building, joinery, metal cornices, sand painting and traditional painting methods.
CHC are currently recruiting for a fully qualified Carpenter Foreman to join our team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated restoration and conservation experience, working with traditional construction methods, alongside strong leadership skills.
· Lead and participate in daily site safety meetings and quality reviews with staff
· Lead or attend weekly client, contractor or subtrade meetings
· Raise project documents such as the 2 week “look ahead”, RFI (Request for Information), change orders and NCR (Non-conformance Reports) as required
· Follow schedules, drawings, specs, blueprints and building plans to meet project needs
· Ensure work is conforming to Standards and Guidelines for the Conservation of Historic Places in Canada
· Install structures and fixtures, such as windows, hardware and mouldings
· Design and build mock-ups as per drawings and specs for consultant review and approval
· Frame and construct building formworks, such as walls, floors, subfloors, door frames and roof systems
· Measure, cut or shape wood, plastic, metal or other materials using a variety of hand and power tools
· Inspect, repair and replace historical fabric and damaged framework, or other structures and fixtures as detailed in project specs
· Erect shoring and/or scaffolding for small projects, as required
· Instruct and direct labourers, subtrades and other construction helpers
· Supervise and mentor apprentices
· Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed
· Minimum 5 years of experience as a fully qualified Carpenter, with demonstrated restoration and conservation experience
· Minimum 3 years of Foreman or Supervisory experience
· Hold a valid Journeyman Ticket (or equivalent)
· Holding a valid Fall Arrest/WHMIS/First Aid ticket is seen as an asset
· Class 5 AB Drivers Licence
· Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
· Must have strong verbal and written communication skills in English
· Comfortable working indoors and outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
· Comfortable standing, crouching, bending and lifting for extended periods of time
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you meet the criteria listed above, please email your resume and cover letter for immediate consideration!
• *We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for phone screens/interviews will be contacted.